Some time ago, you got married and thought it was going to last forever. Both of you believed that the sun rose and set on the other person. You might even have had children together. Then, for some reason, it did not work out. Now, you are stuck in a system you do not want any part of and I do not blame you. You are fighting over money, assets and houses not to mention the stuff inside the houses. You are fighting over your children. But the worst thing is that your dirty laundry gets aired out in court. Honestly, as wonderful you felt when you got married, it is equally painful to get divorced.
If you find yourself fighting in the family courts, then this website is for you.
I cannot change the system for you, but I can help you effectively navigate through it.
Here are some examples of the problems I solve:
1. Dissolution of Marriage. This can include issues pertaining to property and debt, children (custody and support), spousal support, and whether one party pays the others' attorneys' fees.
2. Paternity. When you and someone who is not your spouse have a child or children together. These types of cases involve issues of child custody, child support, birth expenses and attorneys' fees.
3. Post Judgment matters: You might already be divorced, but you need to change something. For example, the child custody or support orders need to change because circumstances are different.
4. You currently have an attorney, but you are unhappy with the way your case is going. See My "Client Bill of Rights" Page.
5. Your case is miserably unprepared for trial because you always intended to settle it and now you are in a position of weakness. You have an attorney who is not competent or willing to try your case.
To put it bluntly, if you have a case in Family Court, then you need to let me handle it for you. I have been practicing Divorce and Family Law since 1993. I have seen it all. I have worked on literally hundreds of cases in my career. I can help you too. Many of those cases were settled amicably. Some of them are tried in Court. Of course you want to settle your case, but don't you want a trial attorney on your side just in case you can't?
I am located in Agoura Hills, CA. I practice in courts located in Ventura County, Los Angeles County and Santa Barbara County. Many of my clients come from Agoura Hills, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Camarillo, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Los Angeles, Newbury Park, Oxnard, Santa Barbara, Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Westlake Village, Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Northridge and Chatsworth.
All the Best,
Jeffrey L. Hoffer
Attorney at Law
To Whom it May Concern: I have been represented in Spousal, Child Support and Custody issues by Jeffrey Hoffer for the past year. Having dealt with many family law attorneys over the past 25 years in my accounting practice, I would, without qualification, recommend him. His ability to clearly and succinctly state a client's position in court filings is a major advantage in an overburdened court system where judges often review case paperwork as litigants approach the bench. In my case, he assisted me in re-gaining previously agreed upon custody of my 4 year old son that was being withheld by my ex-wife, as well as setting fair support. The results at all times exceeded my expectations and his expertise has prompted my ex-wife to agree to virtually all of my requests in settling permanent custody matters. I would be happy to speak to anyone interested in Mr. Hoffer's services and would reiterate my strong recommendation. E.P.M. – Malibu, California.
Having good and useful information is the key to success in your divorce and family law case. I do not sugar coat or paint rosy pictures. You might really like what you read. However, some of it might seem like a bitter pill. Either way, you will appreciate the content and perspective. The information is 100% free. Also, do not forget to add your name, email address and contact information on the right so I can send you my newsletter, also filled with great and practical information. Thanks for checking us out!