I handle the following types of cases:
1. Divorce: This is when you are married to someone and one of you wishes to terminate the marriage. This can involve a division of assets and debts, confirmation of property acquired prior to marriage or by gift or inheritance (otherwise known as separate property). It can also involve issues relating to child custody, child support and spousal support.
2. Paternity: When you have children with another person who is not your spouse. In this case, the Court has the power to issue child custody and child support orders.
3. Child Custody Matters: These types of matters involve where the children are going to live and how their time is to be spent with the parties. Child Custody litigation occurs when the parents cannot agree on issues pertaining to the health, education and welfare of the children or when they cannot agree on a parenting schedule.
4. Move Away Cases: These are ugly. These usually occur when one of the parents wants to move with the children far enough away where contact between the children and the other parent is severely affected.
5. Spousal Support: Where one party asks the Court to order the other party to support him/her.
6. Prenuptial Agreements: Prior to getting married, you and your fiancee' can enter into an agreement as to how your property is divided in case you find yourself getting divorced.
7. Post Nuptial Agreements: During marriage, you can enter into an agreement as to how you can divide your property in the event of divorce, but you need to be really careful with these. They are not the same as prenuptial agreements. I know how to draft Post Nuptial Agreements which are bulletproof.
8. Legal Malpractice: If you come to me and I see that your former attorney was negligent and you were damaged as a result, I can help you sue for professional negligence.